Monday, April 27, 2009

The Fattest Girl Calls it Quits

Look, Star of Siam, it's over.

I haven't ordered from you for over a year, and it's really time for you to move on and find some other customers. We didn't even see each other very long. Sure, I took you to a party once, but that doesn't mean I was ready to commit. At that time in my life, I was ordering from a few restaurants, just trying to find the one that was right for me. And... well... I have.

I didn't want to have to tell you this, but Bai Plu Thai and I have been seeing each other for quite some time now. Bai Plu satisfies me in ways you never could, Star of Siam. The food arrives hotter, the chili paste is spicier, and, to be perfectly honest with you, the satay sticks are longer. And meatier. I know that you had a faster delivery time, but that isn't always better. Also, my friends and family just like Bai Plu better. I'm not trying to be hurtful, that's just how it is.

So, seriously, you need to stop leaving menus on my porch. It's just embarrassing for you, and it's getting a little bit creepy.

No comments: